Cheese & Ice Cream for Vegans?
Comfort foods often include ice cream and cheese by most. I did not know it was possible to make either without milk so we just considered it was a food we would no longer purchase.
Cheese & Ice Cream Is Possible for Vegans!
Marie Laforet has taught me so much about how this is very
Here are some of the things I’ve learned when reading my review copy of The Best Homemade Vegan Cheese & Ice Cream Recipes by Marie Laforet.
- Soy Milk is the only plant-based milk that can curdle.
- Legumes are often used in cheeses because of their different textures.
- Nuts & Seeds can also be used. That made sense to me because I love a cashew sauce I make because of the similar taste to cheese.
One of the things I love about this book is that I already have the ingredients on hand and I’ve only been a vegan for a couple of months. Same with the equipment. If you use to make home made ice cream then hang on to your ice cream maker because you
will still be using it for vegan ice cream.
A point made in the book that I am really embracing is this:
“It is best to treat these vegan cheeses as different varieties of cheese rather than as imitations to be compared with the originals.”
That is a great mind set to have when creating anything as it is mindful to consider yourself an explorer than a copy cat, yes?
This book contains:
8 soft cheese recipes
8 fermented cheese recipes
9 specialty recipes
9 ice cream and sorbet recipes
8 ice pops, bars and cones.
8 frozen desserts
1 recipe for home made cones.
I am super excited about this book because I am making some home made cheeses this year for holiday gifts and I know my friends are going to love them.
- The Open Window: A Story About Rescue. - 05/28/2020
- Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker Featuring 7 Levels of Awesome! - 05/24/2020
- Kitchen Appliance Repairs Versus Buying New - 05/24/2020