Comfort Food is something we all crave when transitioning to a different eating life style. It helps tremendously keeping my husband from rebelling and shopping on the forbidden food aisles at our local grocery store.
I am collecting so many helpful cookbooks to keep us on the ‘Vegan Path’. The cookbook I am reviewing today, in exchange for my honest opinion, definitely takes the edge off my concerns for providing my family with comfort food.
Comfort Food Vegan Style Found Here:
The Edgy Veg: 138 Carnivore Approved Recipes by Candice Hutchings
Reason’s I love this book:
- This is a hard back book
- Food and Author Photos
- Reasonably Priced
- Try Before You Buy
- Recipes can be frozen or made a head for another day.
- These recipes are different and original. A lot have been improvised from creating popular foods but making them vegan.
- I really do not have a preference if my cookbooks are soft or hard back but I did enjoy this feature as I sat in my chair during the evenings reading it.
- It is always nice to have photos of the finished product to gauge if mine turns out as intended. There are several photos of the author and her husband in the book which adds personality by putting a face to the name
- The recipes and ingredients are reasonable and easily attainable. Majority are already on my pantry shelf and those that are not are usually because I need to restock. Don’t you just hate having to rent a slow boat to China to find bizarre ingredients that you will never use again?
- I buy a lot of cookbooks. This one is currently $19.00 on Amazon and my affiliate link is below that will take you directly to the book. Sometimes it is intimidating to purchase a book sight unseen. I use my cookbooks for a month before posting reviews. We have found a lot of recipes we like so this is a cookbook I will be using time and time again.
- We have our favorite recipes, in this book, that I fix again and again and after my next trip to the grocery store to pick up key ingredients we will be having the The Edgy Veg’s version of Chic-fil-A sandwich in a Veg-fil-A form. The recipe is on her blog if you would like to try it too.
- There are days I do not want to cook but hate those hungry eyes given me by my family
I posted a photo of our pancakes we enjoyed from this book on my facebook page when first receiving this book:
These pancakes are amazingly light yet filling.
Last night I was going to fix the SweaterWeather Pumpkin Sage Soup. This is a great recipe, not only is it yummy, you can make some and freeze it for later.
There is a Soup Nazi in Every Family!
My husband said he was tired of soup could we have something else?
Making My Time in the Kitchen Productive
I started out just going to make the eggplant bacon with easy sides. While it was marinating I decided to give my supper some extra love and fixed the biscuits and gravy. When the biscuits were in the oven, the gravy was in the skillet and the eggplant was on the warmer being crispy and beautiful. Score one more point for Gracie being wonderful in the eyes of her husband.
Creativity is a lifestyle in Grace's world and is a persistent believer in the phrase, " I can make that!"
Living in the forest, Grace and her husband enjoy sustainable living and are tree guardians and protectors of the wild life in their area.
Grace is the mother of two creative children and the grandmother to 3 magical grand kids who can make a smile appear on anyone's face in a matter of moments.
Latest posts by Grace (see all)
- Legends Outlets:Building Girlfriend Bonds Shopping - 08/12/2019
- Bun Snood Crochet Thread DIYProject - 05/22/2019
- Spaghetti Topper or Sloppy Joe Mix TVP Recipe - 05/14/2019