Ultimate Vegan Holiday Guide
Ultimate Vegan Holiday Guide? First of all I never thought I’d be writing this type of post. Due to my husband’s heart attack and a his new quest for a vegan life, I am and here we go creating new foods, new traditions and a new mindset for the holidays.
I realized that in order to make a vegan holiday for others to follow along the first thing I needed to change was my mindset.
Getting rid of the negative:
Removing the word ‘can’t was my first step. I caught myself saying I can’t use butter, I can’t use milk and so on.
I began the mind set of
- “Let me see what I can use instead of .. “
- It will be fun experimenting with new foods, herb and spices.
- I love how I am exploring new ways to be creative.
Robert Rose Publisher comes to my rescue one more time! I was given this book to review. I am now excited to create a vegan holiday for my family and friends.
Experimenting with new recipes before the holiday is crucial!
Why I love this book
- The photos are gorgeous! I love getting preview of what my recipes will look like when I prepare them.
- Contents is easily found and divided into:
Elegant Appetizers, Festive Party Dishes, A Feast of Sweets, Festive Cocktails and Gourmet Gifts
- There is a ‘Wonderful Menus’ section suggesting themed menus to set the perfect mood.
- Suggestions for these themes:
Light and Sophisticated
- This book has given me confidence that my Vegan Thanksgiving will be filled with fun moments, special memories and great food!
First of all, I do not want any disappointments on the menu for our holidays! Therefore I am beginning to try out the recipes in The Vegan Holiday Cookbook so our holiday is perfect with any of these delicious recipes.
We are dessert lovers
My philosophy of desserts is, “Why stop at one?”
It will come as no surprise then that I have already picked out one of our desserts from this cookbook.
I’ll be sharing a main course and sides from this book in upcoming posts for my Ultimate Holiday ‘eating’ Guide.
I made a commitment this year that I would maintain the holiday spirit with my attitude thru the holiday season in a previous post. I am keeping my promise and my first gratitude expressed on this blog is for Robert Rose, Inc.