Vegan Cook’s Bible answered a lot of questions for me and in fact it answered a lot of questions that I didn’t know I should be asking. What a wealth of information. This book is going to be something I keep close by to stay informed now owning it as a review book from Robert Rose Inc. To put is mildly, this book is better than Google, Bing or Duck Duck Go with the information contained within the pages.
It makes sense to me that this is a book I should have since I am immersing myself in an area to excel in and understand completely. I feel it is important to a realize that in order to prepare balanced meals and live a healthy lifestyle that I should have this book written by Pat Crocker as a reference guide.
First let me tell you that I think Pat Crocker is brilliant! I am writing this blog to help others choosing this eating style and to record my journey. Pat Crocker wrote a book to help me do that. I kind of consider us kindred souls now 😉
Information in Vegan Cook’s Bible
Where do I begin because this book has it all!
- There are daily vegan guidelines at the beginning of the book telling you suggestions for foods and amounts representing a planned daily vegan diet. If you have a pasty-face completion vegan friend, then you know how important this is, because they aren’t eating correctly.
- Healthy Cardiovascular System
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Optimizing Cardiovascular Functions
The Cardiovascular Section has solid information that educates about the heart, the disease as well as tells the best vegan foods, diet, oils to include and the benefits of each in our diet.
My husband had a heart attack last month. This is his new reading material when I am not learning about smart steps to take to a heather life.
Other body systems this book discusses in full detail
Whole Foods (150 of them)
- Whole and Ancient Grains
- Nuts & Seeds
- Sea Vegetables
- Soy Foods
- Whole Food Ingredients
- This section discusses:
- Actions (benefits)
- Buying and Storing -What a relief! Do not tell me you have never gone to the store and wondered how to pick out a vegetable because you had no clue what a ripe one looked like. I am now an informed produce buyer thanks to this book.
- Culinary Use
- Lists and page numbers to the recipe included in this book that contains these wonderful health sources.
If that is not enough to convince you that you need this book then let me add that the recipes begin on page 132 and don’t end until page 363. 250 recipes are included in this book. And I mean recipes that I have always wanted like Egg Replacement, Butter Replacement and Asian Five-Spice Seasoning, just to name a few. Pat Crocker, I love you, your saving me so much money by teaching me to make my own!
Is this book just for vegans?
Certainly not! Everyone can benefit by owning the Vegan Cook’s Bible.
In conclusion as I bring this review to a close, know that my husband is now sitting on the couch reading this book. His first words were: “Wow, this is an extremely comprehensive book. This author has put in a lot of work with all this valuable information.”
He even has a friend he wants to buy this book for so they can live a healthier life style.
Know anyone that needs a healthier life? I can not think of any better gift than a health and wellness, can you?
Creativity is a lifestyle in Grace's world and is a persistent believer in the phrase, " I can make that!"
Living in the forest, Grace and her husband enjoy sustainable living and are tree guardians and protectors of the wild life in their area.
Grace is the mother of two creative children and the grandmother to 3 magical grand kids who can make a smile appear on anyone's face in a matter of moments.
Latest posts by Grace (see all)
- Tofu Press: Simple DIY Home Project Under $10.00 - 02/28/2019
- Vegan Potato Soup: Potatoes, Parsley ‘n Thyme - 02/27/2019
- DIY Hair Accessory:Macrame Josephine Knot3 Styles of Tutorials - 02/26/2019